ServerFarm’s Response to COVID-19 FAQ
Updated March 26, 2020
What are SeverFarm’s protocols on if there is a known case of COVID-19 in the building?
We will follow CDC guidelines and immediately send home the individual(s) impacted. This is also the case with anyone feeling any illness and our employees have already been instructed accordingly. Our custodial staff, who are in the building during the business day, will immediately do a deep cleaning and have already confirmed they have the supplies to do so. We would also halt all non-emergency maintenance and other non-critical work in the building.
What type of cleaning will be done if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the building?
Our custodial staff, who are in the building during the business day, will immediately do a deep cleaning and have already confirmed they have the supplies to do so.
How long would custodial staff take to get to the facility?
If they are not physically in the building, they estimate an hour or less.
What restrictions will be in place?
We will notify our customers of the infection immediately and recommend that they do not come to the building unless they have an operational emergency. We will additionally move the security staff from the lobby desk into the security office in the lobby.
Will we be able to access the site?
Yes, we would recommend that it would be for emergencies only. We will first need to follow requirements that are officially mandated. Again, we request that our customers use ServerFarm remote hands staff whenever possible. We can also provide operations support of your facilities infrastructure if needed. We also request you pass these requirements to your customers.
Protocols if there is a shelter in place declaration where the data center is located?
We provide critical and essential services to the community and by definition are allowed to have our employees working in the building. All of our DC staff have been provided a letter stating that we provide critical services as defined by department of Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
Are there any changes in the delivery procedures for packages to the building?
In the event of an infection or shelter in place declaration, we will accept deliveries in a no touch methodology and secure the deliveries.
Any people access changes? Rules? Etc.
None are planned for badge holders unless requested by our customers or officially mandated. We will anticipate that anyone arriving at the building will follow the CDC guidelines (no fever or COVID-19 symptoms, have not travelled outside the US, etc).
An Update to Our Customers & Partners
Across the world we are together facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all our families and friends, our businesses and our communities. I am reaching out to update you on how we’re addressing the situation at ServerFarm.
1. Most importantly, our thoughts and best wishes are with everyone impacted by the virus, especially with those who are sick. We are also truly grateful to the selfless healthcare, emergency services and community workers around the world working in the most challenging circumstances to care for those in need.
2. We’re focused on the health and safety of our employees, families, customers, partners and communities. We have already suspended all non-essential business travel and any essential business travel requires executive management approval. All our employees are working with each other, our customers and our partners through digital means and we’re also providing updated information to all site teams on appropriate measures to reduce the risk of infection.
3. Our team remains laser-focused on you and your needs and although we are all facing huge uncertainty, we continuously remind ourselves that ServerFarm was built to help remove the pain of managing physical infrastructure in our increasingly digital world.
In conjunction with our Business Continuity Plan, effective immediately we are significantly reducing your Remote Hands rates. Our InCommand services can provide you with the infrastructure transparency you need during these times and we will do everything we can to ensure that you can count on us to have your back.
As we move forward, I will keep you updated and feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Our very warmest wishes,
A Message to Our Clients & Partners
As our clients and partners, we want to ensure you understand how we are handling the developing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation at ServerFarm.
The safety and welfare of our team members, clients and vendors is our primary concern. As COVID-19 situation continues to develop, we will be working proactively with our teams to minimize risk and disruption to our sites and operations.
For the past few weeks, our leadership team has been monitoring the situation, reviewing our existing plans and laying out options to respond as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Our global source for developments has been the Johns Hopkins dashboard, which allows us to monitor updates across all our sites.
The local/regional teams will use location appropriate websites to keep abreast of the latest recommendations to update and align with data center planning.
ServerFarm leadership have implemented the following temporary measures due to travel and immigration uncertainty:
- All non-essential business travel has been suspended. Management will continue to review and adjust this policy as appropriate;
- Essential business travel is not impeded at this time but requires Sr. Management approval;
- Providing updated information to all site teams on appropriate measures to reduce the risk of infection.
In addition, we are ensuring several precautionary measures at all our sites are implemented. This will include, but is not limited to, increased sanitization in public spaces, hand sanitization at key entrance and exit points, and will vary depending on the location of the site and the risk for COVID-19.
We are requesting that client employees do not visit our sites if they are experiencing any adverse health symptoms that could present a risk. Please phone or email your local site contact, who may be able to assist you remotely with your request.
Should you have any questions regarding this message or wish to discuss any further details, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local ServerFarm contact. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work through this situation.