Personal data as defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, from the information in question or when combined with other information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THE PEOPLE THAT VISIT OUR BLOG, WEBSITE OR APP, WHEN AND WHY WE COLLECT IT?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
When using or registering on our site we may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address,
- Information such as preferences and interests
- Other information to help you with your experience.
Visitors may choose to enquire about our products or services via our website. We always ask visitors to provide an email address in order for us to reply to the enquiry. In each case we only collect information as is necessary or appropriate. All information provided to us by visitors is considered to be confidential and we will not disclose information to any third party except as may be required to fulfil the enquiry. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
However, if you turn cookies off the website may not perform the way it was meant to
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. These include the following:
- Regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks.
- We limit access to your data to approved employees, contractors and third parties who are subject to confidentiality agreements and have been trained in data protection.
- All sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected security breaches and will keep you informed as legally required.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Like most website operators we collect non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request, to better understand how visitors use our website, maintain security and to troubleshoot technical issues. Our website also logs potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for the purposes of ensuring website performance and security. We do not use such information to identify visitors, however, and will not disclose such information unless required to do so by law.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways when you subscribe, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features:
- To send periodic emails regarding our products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- Market via our mailing list.
We do not sell or trade, with third parties your Personally Identifiable Information and we do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
However, we may have to share your data with third parties such as outsourcing partners, our website hosting partner, WordPress, and other parties who assist us in operating our website. Those third parties are always required to comply with the relevant data protection legislation and details of these third parties are available on request.
We may also release Personally Identifiable Information when it is is appropriate to comply with the law.
EU GDPR / UK GDPR
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), or Switzerland, these additional privacy disclosures apply under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- We will obtain and process the information fairly.
- We will only keep it for one or more specified and lawful purposes.
- We will only process it only in ways compatible with the purposes for which you gave it to us initially.
- We will keep it safe and secure.
- We will keep it accurate and up to date.
- We will ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- We will keep it no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
- We will give a copy of their personal data to any individual, on request.
How Do We Use This Data?
- To perform the contract, we have entered in with you.
- To provide the service and products you have requested.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Where we have obtained your specific written consent to do so.
The Lawful Basis We Rely on For Processing This Information Is One Or More of The Following:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How Long Will We Keep Your Data?
- Customers – We may keep your data for as long as you are a customer. Thereafter we may keep your data for up to 7 years to enable us to respond to questions and complaints and to maintain legally required records. We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory, or technical reasons.
- Other – We will determine an appropriate retention period based on the type of data we hold which will only be for as long as we have legal reason or legitimate interest.
Your Rights in Connection with This Data
- You have the right to request access to personal data, whether we process your data, what data we hold and how we use it.
- You have the right to request correction of personal data where the information we hold on you is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request we stop using your personal data purpose if you no longer wish us to process data for its original purpose unless we have a legal reason or legitimate interest for continuing to do so.
- You have the right to request erasure of personal data unless we have a legal reason or legitimate interest in continuing to hold your personal data.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY LEGISLATION
If you live in California these additional privacy disclosures apply under California Privacy legislation;
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA),
We agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by emailing us
- We will honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- We will not allow third-party behavioural tracking
Fair Information Practices
We take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
California Consumer Privacy Act
We provide the following rights:
- The right to know – We disclose the type of personal data that we collect and share. We do not sell personal information.
- The right to removal – Consumers are allowed to remove or delete their information from our database under certain conditions.
- The right to refuse – Consumers have the right to refuse the sale and processing of their information.
- The right to non-discrimination – We will not discriminate against consumers who have used or exercised the rights listed above
CAN-SPAM ACT 2003
If you live in the US these additional privacy disclosures apply under the Can-Spam Act;
We agree to the following additional requirements:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
CANADA - PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS ACT (PIPEDA)
If you live in Canada these additional privacy disclosures apply under PIPEDA .
- We will always get clear and informed consent from the you before collecting information.
- We have designated persons in Serverfarm who are responsible for compliance with PIPEDA. These can be contacted via the details given below.
PO Box 2156
El Segundo, California 90245
If you are unhappy with how we are processing your Personal Data, you have the right to complain to your National Data Protection authority.